We've always said we want 7-9 kids. I'm not sure if that is still the case, but I decided to crunch some numbers today. So far our kids are roughly 900 days apart in age. If we keep at that rate and want 5-6 more, we are talking another 12-15 years! So which scenario do I like more: 2 1/2 years between kids and not being done till I'm in my late 30s? Or closer together so I can be done a little sooner? My youngest kid could be an aunt or uncle by the time they are 5! Hmmm, maybe the easiest solution is to go with less kids. :)
But seriously, I always thought I wanted my kids closer in age. But, when it comes to the point where it's time to think about having the next kid the thought just exhausts me, and I'm not as fertile as my mother! Hmmm, we'll see how things go this time around! But I might need another 900 days before I'm ready to be in the last week of pregnancy again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I am starting to think we have to start having our kids closer in age. I don't mind that, but I do mind being pregnant when I already have a baby, and it is hard to finally feel like you have your body back and then turn around and get pregnant again. I think I am at the point where I am ready to get it all done fast and be done with the breeding. I don't want to be pregnant past 35. I am pretty sure we won't as long this time, and I am an purty fertile.
shoot i started early and we just want 4 so if i have mine 2.5 years apart i'll be done at 30 so hey it works. I figured you were almost done katie... how many do you want?
You should never think about the next one while you are this close to delivery. It's bad for the emotions! Wait till the baby is sleeping through the night, then start thinking about it! :0)
"won't last as long this time, and I am purty fertile."
gosh, I am an idiot.
Lindsey - we probably have at least two more, maybe more....who knows.
LOL It makes me laugh to hear you thinking about this now, since I had a running calcuation going in my mind long before I was even married. (Of course that would have been scary if you had done that!) Honestly, this time around I probably would have liked more space, but 35 is just around the corner for me, so I've pretty much resigned myself to close spacing and we probably still won't make it under the 35 wire...kind of shifting my goal closer to 40.
i guess i shouldn't say a set number because in reality if we feel like we should have more (or less) we will... right now we just feel like 4 is a good number for us. Are you still thinking of adopting katie?
I have 3 words for you:
I AM DONE!
Big family & done and I ain't even 30 yet!!!
Haha!
Unless Miss Carrie has another baby she wants to place, I feel nice and happy with my lucky 7! But I would never deny Callie a bio sibling. I would never wish a pregnancy on her bio parents, but if they were to place, I would love for Callie to not be the onyl one without a bio sibling. But as of now, all the kids will all be 18 by the time we are 45... ahhh!
But I would say, don't feel like you have to meet a goal or set a number on yourself. I know we Mormons like to ask... but I say,v take each kid as they come and see how you feel afterwards. I planned on having 4-5.
I always thought I would birth one more. I was not done having bio babies... but I also did not plan on a very unusual painful condition to happen. That would only be worse if I was pregnant.
So, you never know! I think the spirit tells you after each child. But yes... do not think about being pregnant again while pregnant... you will poop yourself out!
I say wait until this one is out and think about it...but if you have them closer together that's more diapers in a day, but less years of diapers all together. HMMMM
Post a Comment