Tuesday, May 05, 2009
Reading time
Ashley was going to post this tomorrow, but I just can't wait. According to Ashley, Rae had never read this book before, though to me she seems to be reading slightly faster than usual. It's interesting that she slows down well before she gets to the word she can't figure out; it seems like she's reading ahead. I didn't know kids did that.
Rae's been reading like this for several weeks now, but it still amazes me. Her speech still isn't too great, which probably comes from me, genetically or otherwise. Actually, Ashley and I both have mild speech defects, so maybe Rae got a bad mix of genes. She's still working on it.
By the way, don't overlook Ashley's post from earlier today. We're getting prolific.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
WOW! That is AWESOME! She does so well! I see what you mean about reading ahead. Nolan does it too... it is like he reads faster than he can say it. Somestimes he has to stop and re-set himself.
I understood what she was saying! She is getting better! We never had speech issues in my family growing up, but Lettie does. I am just going to wait till she gets into school.
But wow... so young! And she is so fluid and has good inflection! Smart girl!
We couldn't believe it a few weeks ago when she just started reading a book. I think her speech classes really helped her reading skills, since there is so much focus on the sounds that letters make - especially beginning and ending sounds like "sl, sh, ch" etc. So now when I go to the library I get all of the "I can read" books for her and she loves to read them to anyone who will listen! It really is amazing, but it's not anything we did! :)
Oh, and I love how much feeling she puts into the book. We've got another drama club member in the family!
That is SO cool. Loved seeing it. And her speech has improved quite a bit. And ues, she puts a lot of feeling into it - I was impressed by that when I was watching.
Post a Comment