Tuesday, May 05, 2009
Slightly obsessed
Sometimes my need to be organized and prepared makes me a bit self-conscious. I tend to worry about things that don't need to be worried about, but I can't help it. My hospital suitcase has been packed for far too long and the carseat has been in the van for 2 weeks. I refuse to go to bed without the house completely clean (I cleaned the toilet at 10 last night) because I don't want to come home from the hospital to a dirty house and I don't want someone coming over to watch the kids in a dirty house. But being prepared is what makes me feel good. I can't know the exact date I'll have this baby, but I can be ready no matter what. And I still don't know for sure if we are moving this summer (most likely we aren't) but I can still be as prepared as possible by getting rid of junk now instead of when it comes time to pack. Some people are more relaxed if they just wait till it's time and then handle all the organizing, but I am not one of those people. Sometimes it makes me stressed, but in the end I'm always happy that I took the time to prepare myself. Each time that I have needed a spare outfit for a kid and I had one, each time that we needed that towel in the car, each time I'm prepared with activities when the kids get antsy waiting for something, each time I remember to grab a quarter to shop at Aldi and remember to put my bags back in the van ..... those are the times that make me feel good about being slightly obsessed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I feel the same way as you do, but probably to a leser degree and i severly lack organizational skills. I am still trying to hard to have everything in it's place and be prepared for things, but I also lack discipline and good habits. Chad doesn't get the need to be prepared thing.
My mom would love you.
Post a Comment