Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My sweet sweet Blaise

My special Christmas present




This kid brings so much joy into my life. This morning he woke up at 4 and I let him come to bed with me in hopes of some more sleep. Roy slept on the couch last night (he wasn't in trouble, he just does that sometimes) so in the morning Blaise and I got to cuddle and have some fun in the bedroom while we waited for Rae to wake up. I was cuddling him and I looked at the clock and it was right about the time he was born. It was a special moment. :) He's such a special little boy. Here's a little list of things that make him so fun:

-Blaise's favorite food is PB and honey sandwiches. He'll get them both out and ask for one at least once a day. If I won't let him have a sandwich he'll settle for a spoonful of pb.

-He loves to sing. He may not know all of the words but he won't let that stop him! And he doesn't just sing, he'll sing deep when it's supposed to be deep, he'll hold notes when you are supposed to hold them...he gets really into it.

-Rae has taught him so many fun things. He knows how to count to 10. He knows a lot of his colors and now he's learning his letters! He can recognize almost half of the letters in the alphabet. It's amazing how much they can learn when they have an older sibling.

-When we take the sacrament at church he calls the bread "chicken" and takes as many pieces as he can get his hands on.

-He loves to make us laugh. He makes faces, noises, says funny things...just loves to be silly.

-He loves Barney but doesn't really sit through a whole episode. But at the end when Barney starts singing "I love you" he runs back into the room and sings too. Usually he'll get a stuffed animal for the "with a great big hug and a kiss from me to you" part, or he'll use me. He also really likes "Super Why".

-His favorite books is Dr.Seuss's "Foot Book". His favorite part is the "more and more feet...24 feet!" Roy taught him to say it in a really cute way.

-If you see him in his room reading to himself it means he is pooping.

-He loves cars and Little People toys. He plays with the dollhouse almost everyday and likes to take all the Little People pieces to church and in the car.

-I need to get this on video for you to understand, but he's got the cutest way of saying mama and dada right now. I can't even explain it, I'll have to get it on video.

Anyway, these are just some of the things that he does on a daily basis that make him unique and fun and make my days happy! He's had a good birthday so far and can't wait for cupcakes tonight! (BTW, I'm totally cheating on the cupcakes. I was going to make some but I realized I didn't want 2 dozen cupcakes in my house! So I bought a box of Little Debbie cupcakes! Both kids are so excited and won't even miss the real thing!)

3 comments:

Katie said...

Such a precious boy. He was just as cute as a newborn as he is now!

Bob, Dad and Grandpa said...

I hope he is still cute in 5 days. I can't wait to see him, and Rae, and you, and Roy.

Audra said...

What a cutie and he sounds like a lot of fun! I do think him and Jovie would be good buds!