Thursday, May 07, 2009

39 weeks



I don't have very many pictures of myself pregnant with the other two kids, so I wanted to document this pregnancy a little better. Here I am at 39 weeks. Gonna have a lot of weight to lose this summer!



Roy was out with the kids yesterday afternoon, so he decided to take the opportunity to get my Mother's Day cake a little early. I told him the exact brand of cheesecake I wanted, and told him I wanted it before Sunday (so that the weight gain from it could be blamed on pregnancy). It was delicious.

I went to the doctor yesterday and I didn't progress much from last week. I'm at 5cm now. But I'm pretty comfortable and although all I think about is having this baby, it's not bugging me too much. Roy's proctoring his last final right now and then I'm free to go into labor :) He doesn't have to have grades in till next Friday, so things are pretty relaxed around here. I just have to find something to keep us busy today!

18 comments:

Audra said...

5 CM.... WHAT?!

Isn't the doctor afraid the baby will fall out?!

Are you afraid the baby will fall out?!

I thought like 3 CM meant you can stay in the hospital!
I thought 5 CM means in an hour or two you will have a baby! Haha!

I would have your hands ready to catch the baby everytime you use the bathroom!

Ashley said...

Yeah, with Rae they let me stay in the hospital when I was 4cm and they broke my water. But that was on my due date.

I only went from a 4 to a 5 in the past week and I'm not having very many contractions, so my doctor said to just wait it out but hurry in when I feel anything! I'm definitely concerned that it's going to go super fast, but I don't to be stuck in the hospital trying to be induced if my body isn't all the way ready. And Roy will be done with finals today, so we are prepared to rush the hospital when the time comes!

Katie said...

I am so happy for you that Roy is done with finals after today and you can be all READY. You look really really good and I am glad you got some cheesecake.

Looks like you will have a good delivery!

Prof. Wright said...

By the way, the real reason she got the cheesecake early is because it's dairy-based.

Olivia Carter said...

Oh you are so cute! I'm with Audra- 5 cm means my baby is COMING 'ROUND THE MOUNTAIN!

Can't wait to meet this new little, is it a second cousin? WOOT!

Andrea said...

You were in labor for like a week with Blaise too, weren't you?

me said...

You looks so good! That's a really pretty shirt.

Ashley said...

Yes Andrea, I was in labor for a week with Blaise. But I've been in labor for 2 weeks this time! It better not be more next time!

Prof. Wright said...

Olivia: He'll be your first cousin, once removed.

Prof. Wright said...

... which makes him your kids' second cousin.

(Family relations have a lot of uses in teaching advanced mathematics, as it turns out.)

lindsey said...

wow 5 cm for mean meant my water broke 4 hrs ago and my contactions reflect that. good luck!

Bob, Dad and Grandpa said...

You have to wait until we finish our yard sale on Saturday or your mom will abandon me to do it all myself.

Linda, Mom and Granny said...

Hurry! Before the "moving yard!

You are SO cute!

Stacy said...

Wow! 5 cm!! You're half way there!! You look great, Ashley. That shirt is darling, too. Best of luck.

Christie said...

Hehehe...Dad's going to have to do the yard sale Mom didn't want to do anyway!

KPackard said...

How exciting! You look adorable and that is the cutest maternity shirt I have ever seen! Good luck with everything and I'm glad to hear that you are feeling pretty good. And Happy Mother's Day to you!

Unknown said...

5 cm! Nice! I was at a 5 for 6 weeks before I went into labor with Brianna. Quickest delivery ever though, at 3 1/2 hrs. from start to finish!

You do look cute. I didn't think you were at 39 weeks already. Time flies!

Raina said...

You look great! Oma says the time is near... can't wait to see baby!