Friday, December 04, 2009

Boy toys

It's been really easy to shop for Rae this year. She has a huge list of things she wants and since she is the oldest in the family we keep having to buy "older" toys. Blaise, on the other hand, pretty much just plays with whatever Rae played with when she was three. I have no idea what to get him for Christmas. Any suggestions? What do your boys like to play with? Blaise just colors and does crafts all day, but I think he'd like something new and different that Rae isn't interested in. I think girls are so much easier to shop for. (Here that Roy? It should be EASY to get something for my birthday!)

12 comments:

stina said...

Ethan spends a lot of time playing with Legos, and Amara enjoys them, too. We've also gotten him a couple of the Imaginext sets, which he loves. He has the Batcave and Submarine.

I think Amara is much harder to shop for these days. She still says she wants princesses (I think that's just her default), but she doesn't really do much princess play anymore. We may get her Dance Dance Revolution for the Wii. What are Rae's requests? There're almost the same age, right? Amara will be 7 this month.

Ashley said...

Stina,
Rae is only 5, she'll be 6 in July. I think she is probably into the stuff Amara was into but is getting too old for :) She's getting a new Leapster game and she has requested either an easy bake oven, candy factory, Baby Alive doll or one of those stuffed animals that moves and stuff. But what she is actually getting is a playdough factory thing and then lots of workbooks and new crayons.

Blaise is getting Legos from his grandparents. I think the problem with Blaise is that his birthday is next week, so we have to buy for both and I'm out of ideas!

Sarah said...

cars...lots of cars :) We're loving Daddy's hot wheels set, and the girls love it so Rae would have fun to...as long as one of you guys would enjoy helping with the set up :)

James said...

airplanes! more active than cars. Watch him get dizzy doing holding patterns

Diana said...

I'd say legos and lincoln logs. Brent still plays with them and he's 12! Just be glad you don't have 4 girls in a row, I never know what to get the last two because we already have it. Also, Hannah's birthday is a week after Christmas, so I know it's hard to buy for both. Good luck!

Audra said...

I was going to say cars. I wish you lived closer because I bought a really neat hot wheels city thing where it clicks together to make streets with garages and gas stations and stuff. Toally his age boy-type stuff. I have one to Silas and intended the other one to go to Nolan, but he had some other stuff. It is also very imaginitive and something he can handle. My boys are all about cars.

Unknown said...

legos
action figures
flashlights
tracks for cars
trains

Ashley said...

Choosing between GeoTrax and Thomas the train - anyone have a preference

Ashley said...

Choosing between GeoTrax and Thomas the train - anyone have a preference

Katie said...

Ashley - we talked earlier about Geotrax and Thomas, but I wanted to emphasize to you that trains have been the #1 toy used in our house for probably the last 3 years, by both boys. Colin even still plays with them on a daily basis.

Someday I will have to turn to you for girl ideas, but I am clueless about that!

Cheney Family said...

We LOVE our Geotrax! Mainly because the trains work with or without the track. They have Geotrax airplanes too. I think its better than Thomas because Thomas does get out-dated but the other is good for older kids too. Good luck!

Belle of the Blues said...

Geotrax are great. I have a problem finding age appropriate toys for Soren because he wants to play with whatever his brother has, but it ends up being too complicated for him and then he's frustrated.