Rae started getting up by herself to pee at night! I remember last year around this time I asked for advice because I thought she should be doing it, but after reading more on the subject I decided that she was too young to be worrying about it. We used to wake her up around 11 at night and that worked really well for the most part. Sometimes she would pee in her bed before we got her up and sometimes she would pee in her bed before getting up in the morning. But most nights she stayed dried, so it was working pretty well and I wasn't worried about her getting up on her own.
Well, all of a sudden she started getting up at around 4 in the morning to pee. (and sometimes poop. Who the heck wakes up to poop?!) Some nights she would even wake up before Roy got her up to pee at 11. So we decided to just leave her alone and see what would happen. Some nights she gets up to pee and some nights she just stays dry all night.
I'm realizing more and more that a lot of things with Rae are "just wait and let her do it herself". (except for her speech) She sure has taught/trained herself to do a lot of things!
2 comments:
That's great news. Natalie is still having issues with that so that gives me hope, too!
They really are growing up, though, aren't they?
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment