Saturday, February 13, 2010
No, Blaise is a boy.
If you looked at the recent pictures of Blaise and thought his hair was ridiculously shaggy, you are right. I've been meaning to give him haircut for a long time. In the hospital everyone kept thinking he was a girl based on his name (seriously?) and I was thinking that the shaggy hair probably didn't help. Tonight we finally got around to giving him a good buzz. Although I like his beautiful long hair, I definitely prefer a nice short buzz.
Everyone in the hospital commented on how much he looks like me. I think he really has my cheekbones. Man, I love seeing this boy happy and healthy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Looks good! Glad to see he is doing better.
He does look a lot like you, but even with longer hair he still likes a really handsome boy to me. Such a good looking kiddo. And Blaise for a girl? Crazy hospital people.
And I just remembered that when Gabe was in the hospital when he was six weeks old, the Dr. kept pronouncing his name "Gabrielle." Totally thought he was a girl and I didn't really find a chance to correct him.
Roy had a girl student named Blaise. If you look it up on baby name sites it will show it as being for both. But until now people have always known it was for a boy. I dunno, I guess I automatically think it's a boy name because he is named after Blaise Pascal. Of course people always assume Rae is a boy - my poor kiddos.
Isn't it hard to figure out how to correct them? I just kept inserting "HE" as much as I could until they figured it out!
Mayan has already been assumed to be a boy 3 times in her short life... the recovery nurse at the hosptial made her crib sign on blue paper. she's already had her name mispronounced too. I don't think Blaise looks like a girl at all- maybe the barney doll didn't help ;)
Wow! He looks so grown up - looks great! Glad he's healthy!
Post a Comment