So we worked on it Friday and ran out of some supplies, which I got that evening. Saturday Blaise was sick all day, so we didn't get much done on it. Sunday we all stayed home from church, so we got most of it done, but ran out of supplies again. Sunday evening I went to Walmart to get more medicine for Blaise and I was naughty and bought more tissue paper. Of course Sunday night landed us in the ER and hospital. Monday night Roy and I switched places at the hospital at 11pm and when I got home I stayed up for about an hour to finish the box and attach suckers to Rae's valentines. Of course Tuesday morning school ended up being canceled because of snow! Ergh! But at least the project was done! It would have been a fun project if things hadn't been so crazy on the weekend!
Everyone knows that Jeppsons don't just send a paper sack to school. Here are couple of examples from my sister's blog. Once my sister did a project of a paper mache head full of spaghetti for brains. Hmmm, 8 kids + creative projects = not a lot sleep for my mom! I'm glad I'm way less creative! (Oh, and it looked better before I sent it to school. Some of the tissues fell off at school and it got a little smushed)
5 comments:
That looks AMAZING!!! I am the paper-sack type of woman. I wasn't until I had so many so quickly! When I went to Florida your mom decorated a "gingerbread girl" with Lettie. She wanted it to be a ballerina and I had no clue how I was to do it. I come home and Lettie said Granny helped her (I forgot to do it before I left). When she finally got to bring it home, it was AMAZING! It had a pink toole sewen skirt, beautiful curls made out of yarn... I mean...seriously... amazing! You Jeppson gals are talented! I need to kick it up a notch!
Levi has it too! Yonas had the most awesome and fastest car at the scouts derby!
Just not the way we roll, huh? Looks good and it makes me smile. I totally would have bought tissue paper at Walmart too :o)
And Audra is totally creative and crafty at times too! She's nuts.
PS. I wish I could make creative school projects for a living. I love doing them.
I know, Audra is so good with cakes, costumes, decorating Aloha Snow!!
Katie, if we ever live close to you I'll send my kids over for homeschool projects and I'll pay ya :)
What a nightmare of a weekend. There's always something that just gets in the way of actually enjoying making the craft. It looks like Rae was happy though.
Post a Comment