When I discovered that Rae had lice I immediately got online to find out everything I could on taking care of it. Almost everywhere I read people were saying that the plastic comb that comes with lice shampoo is not a very good comb and won't work very well. So I was bummed when I went to Walmart and discovered that they didn't have any other combs. That night I was picking through Rae's hair, using the stupid plastic comb and after about an hour I sent Roy to Walgreens to see if they had any better combs. He came home with a pretty decent one that I have been using the past two days. But that night I got online and ordered one from Amazon that got AMAZING reviews. We have Amazon Prime, so I paid the extra shipping to have it sent faster. I am so peeved, because it didn't get here on Wednesday like it was supposed to.
Anyway, so I used it for the first time this morning and WOW! It is an amazing comb! It got out eggs that I never would have known were there. Seriously guys, after spending hours and hours just to pick out a few eggs, this comb got them out within minutes! No matter what treatment you decide to go with, the key to getting rid of lice is to get EVERY SINGLE egg so that they don't hatch and make more lice that lay more eggs! So, this comb is a must!
So, now for my advice: BUY THIS COMB! Buy it now. I know, your kids don't have lice, and they may never get lice, but this comb is only sold online, so you won't be able to go out and buy one if your kid does get lice. And you will want it immediately! And you will want to give it to your friend when her kid gets lice. You WANT to have this comb on hand! Guys, I am so serious. It is the best 10 bucks you will ever spend. It will save you time and money. If you don't have Amazon Prime, let me know and I will order it for you so you don't have to pay for shipping.
By the way, Rae got to go back to school yesterday. Our school's policy is that there can't be any live lice. Some schools have a no nit policy. Guys, have you ordered this comb yet? Do it! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I do have Amazon Prime, so I WILL order this comb. Chad will think I am crazy, but someone in Colin's class had lice already this year....
Actually, I am wondering if I will just shave Colin's head if he ever has lice. One benefit of having no girls...
(expect me. Gulp. Maybe I will buy this comb)
Another benefit of the comb is that it makes it easy to see if anyone else in the family has any lice or eggs in their hair. You are right that you can just shave the boys (that was our plan for our boys) but you'll have piece of mind about yourself because you can just run this through your hair and see if there is anything in there. I just did it with my hair.
Great to know. I'll have to order one. I'm sure its just a matter of time until Natalie brings it home from school some day.
MY HEAD IS ITCHING!!! MY HEAD IS ITCHING!!!
Just thinking about it gives me the heebie-jeebies!!! If it comes to my house boy will I be in a pickle! Especially in Callie Curls!
Every time someone in my class gets lice I worry. What's the name of this comb? I have a case of lice at least once every year (none so far this year). And my head always itches when it happens! We all go around checking each others heads. We're the no nits policy so the kids miss at least a week of school. Anyway, I will order one, just to keep on hand and recommend to my parents! Thanks! Oh, and Audra, curly hair seems to not get it as easily as straight hair.
LOL Go to your account page on Amazon and do the complaint thing. Tell them you didn't get it when promised and they will refund the 3.99 you paid for one-day shipping. BTDT and it's easy-peasy.
If
I ordered it now I would put it somewhere safe and never find it again. I'll just have to count on Amazon Prime.
Can't i just borrow yours?! ok, yes, you have convinced me!
Post a Comment