Wednesday, October 21, 2009

He's on the move!

It's time to teach the kids to keep their stuff off the floor! At less than 5½ months old - Isaac is crawling! His technique is sloppy, but it gets him where he wants to go. And he has started sitting up! This kid is crazy! Rae and Blaise both crawled before they started sitting up, and I thought they were early at 6 months old.








Speaking of Rae, let me brag a little bit more. We went to a parent teacher conference tonight and heard so many good things about how well Rae is doing. She's way above her classmates - especially in reading. I can't take credit for it though, I have no idea how she knows how to read so well! And her teacher said she is so nice to everyone and has never misbehaved. One weak area is following directions - which doesn't surprise me at all. She just doesn't pay attention and I don't think she realizes she needs to listen! So that is something we will have to work on (at home and at school).

And since I've mentioned the other kids, I should mention that Blaise is potty training and is doing pretty well. I'm not making too big of a deal out of it because he's been sick and I think he has allergies and he's a little grumpy lately. But he pooped on the potty twice and has been starting to recognize when it's time to go. Hopefully he'll be completely trained before we fly to Vegas for Christmas. I had given up and was going to wait till after Christmas, but he started to show more interest in it, so here we go, no turning back now! :)

I love my kids! They are all so fantastic and make me so proud!

4 comments:

mom and grandma of BOLTON BUNCH said...

Go ahead and take the credit Ashley, you are a great mom and you have lots of good ideas. And Roy seems to have lots of patience. Hooray for all the kids!

lindsey said...

oh how evil to taunt him with the camera! I can't believe how quickly Isaac is growing up!

Sabina said...

Your kids are so big, and I love to hear how much you enjoying them they are great!!!!
That happens to me alot being so proud that you want to share with every body,I love to be a mom!

Katie said...

Kids are the best.