Yesterday I bought a pack of three pregnancy tests. The check out lady had asked me how old Isaac was, and as she rang up the pregnancy tests she said "these aren't fun to buy right after having a baby". I wondered if she'd have the nerve to bring up the tests. But I've checked out with this lady several times before and she always has something slightly inappropriate to say.
Why did I buy the tests? Because I didn't trust the two Dollar Tree ones I had already taken. I know I am not pregnant. It'd be nearly impossible. But I'd an excuse for these facts:
-I can't seem to lose weight, and I've even gained a few pounds. I'm not being super strict with what I eat, but I've been worse in the past and haven't had this problem. And get this, the weight is all in my belly.
-I cry at the drop of a hat.
-I suddenly have the desire to watch Baby Story and Deliver Me.
-I'm always "craving" meat. Preferably in the form of bacon or ribs. Hmm, that could explain the weight gain.
But 3 tests later I have to accept the fact that it is all in my head and I need to get a grip or I'll be a big fatty watching TLC all day getting my steak wet from all my tears.
Have you ever been convinced you were pregnant when you weren't?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
HA! I love inappropriate check out people. The other day the guy infront of me only bought a 4 pack of Red Bulls and a box of condoms. If there was ever a time to have that inappropriate comments lady that was it! HA!
I've never been convinced I was pregnant when I wasn't. But I have been pregnant when I was convinced I wasn't. 8 pregnancy tests & I still called the FirstResponse coustomer service number to make sure I wasn't reading it wrong. So silly looking back at it now!
no way! i'd have clocked that checkout lady. i often wonder if they'll say anything about what i'm buying but i've never had someone be so bold. now i wonder which lady it was. i'm sure i've seen her. you know, since we here in Kville practiclaly LIVE at walmart (what choice do we have?!).
i can easily convince myself of pregnancy symptoms like that, too, when i'm not preggo.
I've been through that a few times and once I actually was, didn't show up until after a few tests and two weeks. It could be worse!
I say you are craving meat because Roy is eating it all the time. And with each baby and with each passing year, well, it doesn't commonly get EASIER to lose weight, kwim?
I've gotten a few of the comments, especially buying 5 at a time from Dollar Tree with 2 little ones in the cart.
We had a rude check out Man at our grocery store in rexburg. He asked the guy infront of us who was buying a pregnancy test (already akward enough) if it was a oops baby. He also told us to rub whiskey on lily's gums when she was teething.
With three boys I get asked by cashiers all the time if we are going to "try again." One cashier took it a step further and started giving Chad tips (I was standing there too) about how to conceive a girl. It is funny though, because she was this tiny, older, very put-together woman with a South African accent and it didn't seem offensive at all coming out of her.
Did I get in your head about the Dollar Tree tests?
The Dollar Tree tests I have been buying lately have been precisely for the "not losing weight" reason and being very very tired. It turns out that it really does get harder as you get older to lose the weight. Once, over the summer I got this weird metallic taste in my mouth, and that was my first pregnancy symptom with Oliver so I got a test right away.
Whenever I buy the tests, I think I know deep down that I am not pregnant, because I have never gotten pregnant without "trying", and I have always been sick, but there is always a first time, right? And I have a little fantasy about finding out I am pregnant when I am already 15 weeks along or so.
It doesn't help when you don't have a period to go by.
Did I just drag the comment section into major TMI territory?
Yes, you did get in my head Katie!
I watch too much of that "I Didn't know I was pregnant" show and fantasize about being 3 months along and not knowing. And yes, there IS a first time for everything! Even though I haven't started my period till the other two were almost a year old, it could be different this time around. And I've been way tired lately too, and I know it's not my iron being too low (I gave blood a few weeks ago basically to get my iron checked) I guess I need to get more rest, eat better, exercise more and stress less. Easy, right?
Oh, and Christie, Roy doesn't eat that much meat. He eats bacon about 4 times a week but besides that he eats a low carb soup and these weird low carb muffins, but not a lot of steak or anything.
Oh, and Olivia's comment about the Red Bull just cracked me up.
I thought I was pregnant for a couple of weeks before I was prego with this one... I missed a period and then apparently got pregnant that same weekend which was really weird because I started my period 7 months after lily was born and have had perfect 28 day cycles until this time. I can't imagine how nice it would be to find out I was 3 mos prego... I was great just finding out i was 2 weeks farther along than i thought. Oh and with this pregnancy I found out with a clearanced walgreens test :)
I think the worst I have gotten is a wide-eyed stare when I bought like $15 worth of $1 Store Tests! They have always been accurate for me and I seemed to use them every month afraid I was pregnant. And I would also give them away if anyone as much as mentioned they were thinking they could be pregnant.
But yes, ALL THE TIME! If I was not "gutted" (as my mountains Brother-in-law says) I would think I was now. I am beat today and cranky!!! But it is also rainy and a blah type of day!
Oh Ashley, I have missed your blog. I'm glad you are not pregnant and have a chance to just recover from the last one. Hopefully the hormones settle down and the weight thing will work itself out. Be patient. You are a little older now and maybe your age has something to do with it (not that you're ancient like I am, but there are some changes that take place in your body even in your twenties!). Good luck. We're due in 24 days.
YES!! This has happened to me four times, usually within three to four months after having a baby. I've discovered it's all in my head.
Post a Comment