Saturday, August 16, 2008

No pictures, but lots of fun

I'm teaching a lesson at church tomorrow in Relief Society. I honestly can't focus on assignments like this until it gets a little closer to the deadline. I read the lesson several times throughout the week and figured I'd work on it Friday night and today. But I started my day by getting up with the kids for a while and then waking Roy up and going back to bed till 10am - ah, lovely! Then Rae and I went to Walmart during Blaise's nap and as soon as we got home he woke up. He was feeling better today, so we all went to the State Park to swim in the lake. It was a nice, warm day, but not too hot. The water was cold, but Rae was willing to go out to the deep area on my back. We built some sand castles, ate lunch and finally towards the end I sat down in the shallow part of the water and got Blaise to play with me. He got really into it and was throwing himself into the water and had a lot of fun. Roy and Rae built a huge tower but it fell when Rae tried to put a window in it. We brought the camera with us, but we left it in the van. :( We'll have to go back sometime soon and do it all again!

Anyway, I worked on the lesson a little more after dinner and started to work on it some more after the kids went to bed but I decided I better go for a walk while it was still light out. Well, my walk turned into a bike ride, which turned into an exploration of the city, which turned into me getting a little lost. :) I'm home now, should be working on the lesson, but blogging instead. I am now officially out of excuses and I will go finish that lesson now!

Oh, and Blaise's fever went away this afternoon (which is why we decided to go to the lake) but he's worse now. We really shouldn't have gone to the lake. :( (We've just been waiting for a nice sunny day and were so excited that the weather was perfect!)
Now he's more congested and he's back to having a fever. :( Poor little guy. At least he had fun at the lake!

1 comment:

me said...

Sounds like you guys had so much fun (even though Blaise was sick)! How did your lesson go? Did anybody talk to you at church today?

--Rachel