Thursday, August 21, 2008

Should have looked outside

I got up, got dressed, put on my socks, grabbed my shoes (I like to sit on the porch and put them on or else Blaise will ask for his shoes on too) and went outside to go walking only to discover that it is raining! Ugh. I don't know how I didn't notice it was raining, or think to check (it was about to rain when we went to bed). I have a pass to go to the Student Rec center on campus now, but it's too late in the morning to attempt that. Bummer. Oh well, maybe I can go tonight.

When it's rainy outside I like to have creamy soups and hot chocolate. Or, at least I did when I lived in southern California. When I moved to Davis it was rainy from Dec to Feb so I got a little used to it. But my first two weeks here I found myself craving hot chocolate and soup when it rains, because one day it will be hot and yucky outside and then 10 minutes later it will be cloudy and rainy and chilly! But I better get used to it, because I will get really fat if I eat creamy soup every time it rains!
(Especially if I can't go walking!)

3 comments:

Christie said...

LOL. Yeah, that probably wouldn't work out so well!

Bluebell said...

I love walking in the rain. It's my favorite. Well, running in the rain is better, but walking is nice, too.
It never rained enough in CA for me. Not to be contrary or anything... =)

Ashley said...

Actually, later in the day the kids and I went for a walk in the sprinkling rain, and I thought "why didn't I just go walking in the rain earlier??" I probably won't use that as my excuse next time.