I love the "DMV" here. It's just a little tiny office with 3 or 4 employees and they are all super nice. And the two times I went there were only a few other customers. Way better than in CA!
Our oven doesn't cook very evenly. I burned some muffins the other day, my oatmeal cookies didn't cook right today and I just took some rolls out of the oven and the bottoms almost burnt!! Ergh! I never burn things! Seriously - I hardly even leave the kitchen when something is baking because I'm constantly checking it!
Our kitchen has such little counter space that we are forced to do the dishes constantly or we won't even have room to butter a slice of bread. Seriously, no counter space, especially since there's only one drawer in the kitchen, so all of our knives and spatulas are in little "carousels" on the counter top. My BIL Chad would have a heart attack if he came into our kitchen since the counter tops are so covered! (He's got all the counter space in the world, yet he insists on putting the paper towels in the pantry!) :) Good news is: the dishes are ALWAYS done!
Butter and margarine are sold in long skinny bars here. In CA they were a little shorter and thicker. Weird.
Check out the size of the praying mantis we found! We actually found three this size. Creepy!

Went to a thrift store the other day and I got a really cute pair of pjs for myself, a Halloween vest for Rae and a Tigger costume - all for $1.25. Awesome.
The other day Roy was being neglectful in the morning, so Rae got out leftover eggs (green eggs to be exact) and two plates from the dishwasher and served up breakfast! She's been super helpful lately. She gets herself dressed for bed every night and even gets out PJs for Blaise! Notice the fly on the table. We have a lot of flies here. Gross.

Rae can't decide what to be for Halloween. She wanted to be a little old lady, and then she got that tigger costume, which is cute, but not super exciting. She wants Blaise to be a cat. Weird that Blaise doesn't even know what Halloween is! I know he'll LOVE it though!
We've had some nice cool weather lately, but it was pretty warm today, I even considered going to the pool but we just didn't have enough time. We picked Roy up from school at about 4:45 and it was hot and sunny. I wish I had more of a notice of rain..check it out... by 5:45 it looked like this:
After the wind settled down a little we let the kids go out and play in the sandbox, which was now a pool!


Okay, here is a picture from 7:30 tonight...the storm is completely over and it looks as if nothing ever happened!

Yup, total randomness. I've been meaning to blog about most of these things for a few days now, so here it is - all in one post!
11 comments:
we've had some wicked storms lately... we had one the other night that was so loud it woke everyone in the house up (except lily) and kept us up for a couple of hours. it sounded like someone was ramming the house. and whe lightening hit it lit up the whole room. it flooded a little too... do you remember any storms this bad in blythe? they are supposed to be the same but i never remember any this bad
Yeah, I went to the DMV today to get my license switched and the car registered. Yeah, not gonna happen today. The room was totally packed and the line came all the way out the door. I am just checking stuff online to make sure I have everything then I am going to go right when it opens. Our oven did the same thing in our last aparment. We would watch it like a hawk and it would still burn things. Just out of curiosity is it electric? If it is try putting a metal cookie sheet on the bottom. Our stuff was getting burnt on the bottom too and it seemed to help reflect the heat a little. We also would turn the temp down by about 10 or 20 degrees less than what the recipe called for and we would add on about 10 minutes longer cook time. Some things still did not turn out good but my cookies never burnt again after that. Cute pics! Nice view from your window, everything is really pretty!
Lindsey, remember that one when we had a pool party at our house? There was a bunch of flooding that time. And then I remember when I was in 8th grade there was a big storm and everyone was being pulled out of school, it was crazy.
Jamie, yeah, make sure you have EVERYTHING before you go in, and try to make an appointment if you can. Ugh, that DMV is so bad!!
Yeah, our oven is electric, but so was our last one and we didn't have any problems with it. Actually, maybe we had problems with it at the beginning but by the end of 4 years we had it figured it out and forgot that we ever had problems!
I'll try the things you said - thanks! And yeah, we have a nice view from our window...there are so many trees here!
i remember both of those... i was in elementry for the really big storm and i remember having to take down the school flag in the rain. those are two storms though... we've had at least 3 that bad in the last week. we had another crazy one last night and seth said it reminded him of right before they got a hurricane in Puerto Rico. I'm just glad lily isnt afraid of it.
Hey, we went to the DMV the other morning to renew Pete's license. We got there about 40 minutes before they opened and were stuck with San Diego's quirkiest and most annoying old lady standing behind us. She's a horse trainer who writes poetry and does Navajo Indian painting, all three of which we heard about at length because she had her speakerphone on for half the time we were in line. When she hung up, I heard her mutter to herself, "I need to get one of these young people to help me turn off this darn speakerphone." Pete and I were immediately engrossed in my book (we were sharing at that point, despite Pete's lack of interest in any fiction literature), but she still managed to get me to spend the next twenty minutes trying to figure out her crazy cell phone.
By the time we got inside, Pete was freaking out because he thought he was going to have to retake his driving test. (Note: I am not sure why he thought this, but had he been required to take it, he would have failed miserably if the practice tests found at the back of the manual are any indication.) He ended up not having to because of his pristine driving record--they have no idea!! Haha!--and we were outta there in no time!
Anyhow.
That was long.
All I really wanted to say is that I love love love the rain. There's seriously nothing better than a good, long run in the rain, or a muddy game of soccer. Sadly, I have not seen a drop since April. :( You are seriously beyond lucky. Go frolic for me sometime!
Wow, that was long.
We do like this rain Jennifer - just not used to how suddenly it starts! Roy and the kids frolicked in it last night and had a good time. I want to go for a nice long walk in the rain, but I never seem to get a chance.
I was afraid I was going to have to take some sort of Missourian drivers test, but I just had to do a vision test/telling what a few signs were. Whew!
We never got driver's licenses when we moved to Pennsylvania because they require a physical and we just couldn't find the time to do both that and the DMV visit. Glad to hear the process is much easier there.
(Sorry about the multiple deletes, but I had a couple typos that I simply could not stand.)
Wow, I'm impressed you got your license so soon...it took me over a year to finally get to the MVA (why it has to have a different name here is beyond me, but it was just as bad as CA). The butter is long and skinny in MD, too. I thought it was weird at first but I'm so used to it now I forgot it was ever different. Now when I visit my family I'm going to think THEIR butter is weird. As for the weather, I'm starting to think that maybe the majority of states are erratic with the rain and it's just CA that was always dry and predictable.
Post a Comment