How did you get your kids to stop wetting the bed at night?
When we moved here Rae was wearing pullups to bed, but hardly ever peeing in them. (this was without us waking her up to pee or doing anything different than the usual nighttime routine) When she ran out of pullups we started having her wear underwear to bed. The first week or so she did great and then she started peeing in the middle of the night. So we started waking her up every night before Roy went to bed (around 10 or 11) and that worked out just fine for long time. But lately she has either already peed before we wake her up (especially if Roy ends up staying up late and doesn't wake her up till 12 or so) and just this week even if we wake her up at 11 or so to pee she ends up wetting the bed before waking up in the morning! We thought that maybe she was drinking too much water, but her sippy cup is always pretty full.
So, where do we go from here? I am tired of washing her sheets every morning and really want to get this taken care of before it gets cold and we have to put a big quilt on her bed and end up washing THAT every morning!
When we wake her up in the middle of the night we try to wake her up completely so that she is aware of what is going on and will maybe start doing it all on her own. Any suggestions for this problem? What else can we be doing? Do we really have to wake her up at 11 and then again at like 4? She used to go the entire night without waking up to pee and would be dry more often than she is now! Please help! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
We got an alarm. I hadn't really considered that route, and it seemed a little extreme at first, but after doing some reading, I realized that the alarm's purpose was to help the brain make a new association. Anyway, it worked like a charm. We went from groggily waking up wet 2 times a night (the first couple days with the alarm) to sleeping straight through and waking up dry in two weeks. I think your only other option is to wait and see if she outgrows it. She still might. We just got tired of waiting and decided to take a more active approach, before A started seeing it as a problem. Getting them up a few times a night may keep the bed dry, but it doesn't teach them to wake up when they need to go. Good luck with whatever you decide!
Nolan still wets his pull up. It got worse when school started because he was so tired at night and would not wake up. We also discovered the other night he has a tendency to sleep walk.
Anyway, no advice from the mom who does not want to keep changing sheets so has him still use a pull up. IF something works for you let us know!
No advice here, sorry, just wanted to say that stinks. Any reason that you have to be getting up at night is not fun.
You know Tyler's 3.We wake him up at night like you around 10:30 or 11:00 , but sometimes we have to do it twice at night , specially when he had a drink after 7. If we don't wake him up he'll pee.So i try to be concistent with that but as a parent I'm not perfect and I'm too lazy to wake him up.I love the comment above , and the alarm idea, I'll try that.Good luck!
I put the plastic protective sheet on top so clean up was a little easier. It seemed to work like the alarm. I know Brooke woke up faster with the plastic because she could feel the wetness more. With the others, I guess Mark woke them up at night (he never went to bed before 1am so he takes care of all the night time stuff)Now all our accidents are in the bathroom. The other night we found Kelsie, panties down, sitting on the floor going potty lol.
You may need to back up a step with her. Major changes like moving can sometimes cause a child to regress a bit. I seem to recall something about her sleeping in the tent without a problem because she didn't want to get it wet... maybe try that once or twice to take some pressure off her? You'll probably need to get some more pull-ups, too.
Post a Comment