So preschool was pretty good today. I made little signs for each letter and each kid got to hold two signs and I had them stand up when I made the sound of the letter they had. Then we did some dancing and singing and all was good. I didn't have a cool craft for them to do, but I just couldn't come up with anything.
Thursday's preschool topic is "dinosaurs/fossils". Any ideas? I have a little sandbox outside that I could do some sort of fossil thing with, but it might be full of water/mud because it's been rainy, and it might even rain on Thurs, so I can't depend entirely on that. Whatta ya'll think?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Go to the dollar store and get a bag of cheap dinosaur toys. Bury them in the sand and let them dig up the "fossils". It doesn't matter if the sand is wet or not.
If they can handle it, they can use the toys to act out the dinosaurs living, dying (the boys will like that part, lots of Rarr!! involved), getting buried over the years, and then digging them up.
you can buy the bone candy they sell at halloween time :) kids always like candy
I know this is a little late, but if it comes up again...we got molding clay (it harden really nicely) make some flat circles 1/2 to 1/4 inch thick. They can make hand print fossils, press leaves in it to make leaf fossils, you can use shells, toy animals to make imprints...then let it harden like rock. My girls really liked it.
Post a Comment