Saturday, October 25, 2008

My new best friend



The pouch costs about a buck and makes 6 muffins, which is perfect for me and the kids. And they are really tasty muffins. I've tried several mixes like this and you often get fruit pieces in the middle that are kind of crunchy. These are perfect. I mean, I'm not saying they taste like fresh blueberries or anything, but they do the job for a quick, tasty muffin. The kids love them and they are so fast to whip up. Sometimes I serve them as breakfast with some fruit or yogurt and sometimes they are our mid-morning snack.

I definitely prefer muffins baked from scratch - especially banana muffins - but when I bake muffins I always end up with 2 dozen or so and then I have to freeze them or eat them :) And sometimes I try a new recipe and end up with a ton of muffins that we didn't like. So, for those days when I don't feel like baking from scratch, these are perfect! I guess once we have a few more kids it won't really be economical though. :) Anyway, give them a try!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree that these muffins are so good. I end up buying those boxes of Jiff muffins more often for some reason though. Yum, I may have to make up some muffins this morning.