Thursday, October 30, 2008

Invasion

Our home is being invaded by asian lady beetles! They are EVERYWHERE outside, and just yesterday they started coming into our house! There is a crack by our door that they get in through. I wanted to take a picture to show you, but I'm charging our camera battery right now. Just from where I'm sitting I can count about 15! And that's not including the 10 in Rae's bug box! I guess they aren't really harmful though, and they are staying close to the front door, so I just let them be and let Rae catch the ones she can reach. Anyway, pretty crazy.

I don't have much time to write about anything else. Tonight is our ward's truck or treat so I need to go finish carving a pumpkin. I'll post some pictures tonight.

2 comments:

Audra said...

It is weird how those things pop up this time of year. My grandma would get swarms of them in her old house. They would get stuck in the recessed light covers and after awhile you could not see as well! You would think it would be cold so they would die, but they seem to find a way to warm up in your house!

They are good luck you know!

Prof. Wright said...

Asian ladybugs? I believe the correct term is "radybugs."