Saturday, November 15, 2008

California Fires

Have you heard anything about the fires in southern cali? I hadn't heard anything until my MIL called to tell me that Roy's sister's house in Yorba Linda is almost on fire. They evacuated and I don't know where they are going to go because the freeways are all chaotic. I've been watching live feed on the internet and it's crazy to hear all the street names and know that the fires are right in the area we know so well. Roy's mom used to live right off the 91 freeway in Anaheim Hills and that's where we lived when Rae was born. It's so crazy to see it all in flames. I'm glad my sil's family is safe but how sad that they might lose their house! My sister had a house fire a couple of years ago, but this is the first time someone I know has been affected by one of these huge brush fires. Oh, and to make matters worse, my sis-in-law broke her arm yesterday! Definetely need to keep them in my prayers and just hope for the best. The important thing is that they are safe! If you are interested, the live feed I'm watching is http://media.myfoxla.com/live/

**Edited to add: I forgot that my brother and his wife now live in Fullerton! They aren't too close to the fires, but still a little scary. I guess there are some fires in Brea now too, where is where I used to work when we lived in Fullerton.

1 comment:

Audra said...

We will keep her in our prayers. Although sort of distant, just knowing someone effected by the fires makes it so much more "real". Wow... I hope their house is spared!