Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Just one of many visits

I went to the doctor for the first time today. Everything is great. They do standard ultrasounds on your first visit (I usually get one anyway because of my tilted uterus) so I got a first-hand look at baby! He's doing great - growing some hands and feet and all that. He was moving around like crazy and has a great heartbeat. (I know I am saying he. I do not know what it is, I just don't like saying 'it' and 'he' comes naturally because the last baby was a he) Anyway, they measured him and he's measuring in at about 13 weeks, but I'm really only about 12.5 weeks. I'm pretty sure I'm actually 12.5 weeks and the baby is just a little big for his age. (Imagine that, my baby big?)

My doctor is great. He's super easy-going and pretty much figures I know what I am doing. :) He didn't make any remarks about my babies being 9lbs and the link with gestational diabetes (my last doctor was hung up on that) He didn't say anything about my weight (glad I lost weight before I got pregnant!) He just said that when it gets close to the end we better make sure I know who to call at the first sign of labor because it might go really fast like Blaise! He's had the same nurse working for him for 16 years, and she's really nice too (which is important because you see more of the nurse than you do the doctor!) He's also giving a presentation about birth plans at a childbirth workshop I'm going to next week. I'm really excited about this pregnancy!
I wish I didn't have to do a hospital setting again, but that's the only option here. But at least I know what I want this time and I'll make sure I get it!

And I've been feeling really great lately. I've still only thrown up once and my nausea is decreasing each day. I just have to make sure I get plenty of sleep and I do pretty well.
Anyway, just thought I'd share the details with everyone! Maybe I'll find some way to get the ultrasound pictures scanned and post them sometime.

6 comments:

Christie said...

Glad you like your doctor!

Katie said...

Glad everything is going well. No fair- I have a tilted uterus too and never got any special treatment for it ;o)

Katie said...

Okay, that is soooo weird. When I had to type a word in to verify, the word was "katie."
Is that some neat trick you can do now or something? Am I missing something? I am really weirded out.

Ashley said...

That's weird about the word verification.

Also weird about the tilted uterus. With Blaise and Rae they would do a regular "check" but they said with the tilted uterus it made it hard to tell how far along I was. This time they didn't even do a check, just the ultrasound (which is way better!)

Audra said...

Hooray for a healthy big ol baby!!! My verification word is Casteer... I suppose it is not anything but it sounds fancy!

KPackard said...

That is so wonderful that everything is going so well and you really like your doctor and the nurse. It's so great when things work out the way you want, huh? Best wishes and you're almost through the first trimester--hooray!