Monday, November 17, 2008

A few updates

I'm getting a cold. Ugh. Not as bad as a stomach flu or anything, but I still feel pretty crappy. Today is going to be a day of cleaning house and not much else! It's sunny outside, but it's windy and cold. I was able to go to a Birth Workshop Saturday morning and Roy and the kids stayed home and cleaned up the house. It was really nice to get away for a while. Roy works almost every Saturday, so I really needed some time away. The house stayed pretty clean all weekend, but I got behind on laundry (specifically folding laundry) so that's what I'll be doing today.

I'm going to get my hair cut tonight. Any suggestions? I thought I would like it all grown out and long, but I'm never doing anything with it and I can't put it into a ponytail without getting a headache. I just don't know what sort of hairstyle is best for my face. Ugh. I'd love to do a short cut again but I think I just look fat. I guess some thing in the shoulder-length area would be the best. Anyone have any ideas? I would love love love ideas. :)

I just got off the phone with my MIL and she said that my SIL was able to return to her house today. The fire got really close but didn't get their house. What a relief. Did I mention that on Friday my SIL broke her arm? Can you imagine dealing with all of this plus a broken arm? Just glad they are all safe and their house is too.

Yesterday was our primary program. I don't think I've mentioned it on here, but Roy and I just got called to teach primary. We teach the 7 year olds. Our first two weeks were spent practicing for the program. I sat on the stand with our class and Roy stayed in the audience with Blaise. This was Rae's first program and I had tears in my eyes watching her do her part. She memorized it perfectly and didn't even need any prompting from her teacher. Her line was "I am created in God's image". You couldn't really understand her, but oh well. She was also pretty reverant the whole time, which is good since she was in the very front. When she stood to sing the songs she would lean over the railing a little bit, but she sang the words she knew and didn't pick her nose! (I kept reminding her not to pick her nose - it is a bad habit of hers!)
My class was terrific. They all had their parts memorized and were reverant and calm.

We put up our Christmas decorations on Friday. We figured that since we are leaving for Christmas break on dec. 16th, we might as well put up decorations now so that we can enjoy them for a month. I'll take pictures soon. But for now, here are some pictures I've been meaning to post but got behind on.



Blaise all loaded up on sugar trying to be as silly as can. He loves to make us laugh by doing a very exaggerated laugh.



Glow sticks in the bathtub. Pretty cool.


We recently moved Violette's cage into the playroom
and put the rocking chair in its place. So the kids
have been using the rocking chair as their "roller coaster"
and that's what we do for fun around here!



Roy caught Blaise talking to himself. Seriously,
this kid is a huge crackup. He loves to see how
silly he can be and loves to make people laugh.

7 comments:

lindsey said...

blaise is a cutie. where are you guys flying into for christmas?

Katie said...

That is exactly what Colin's line in the primary program was!!!!!

Sorry, no suggestions for the hair. I can't even decide how I want mine. You have beautiful beautiful hair though, so don't cut it too short.

Olivia Carter said...

Glow sticks in the bath? I'M TOTALLY GOING TO DO THIS... though my kids really don't need another excuse to stay in there longer!

Ashley said...

Lindsey - we are flying into Ontario

Katie - That's so funny that they had the same line.

Olivia - I'm totally going to make glow stick baths a monthly event! :)

lindsey said...

eh nevermind... i was gunna offer to pick you up cuz we will be comin in the same time but that is way far out of the way

Jennifer said...

Are you going to Blythe? WHEN?

Sabina said...

Ashley, I think you should leave your hair long but do some layers to add some movement,I think that is good and easy for a mom.