Before I get to posting about Halloween and the costumes and festivities, I have an important question:
What the crap am I supposed to do with all the candy we got?! We dumped it all in a bag last night and it weighed 8 pounds! Now, I am not opposed to eating it all by myself except for the fact that I'm going to be weighed at my doctors appt. on Wed and then every month after that. Roy doesn't eat candy, and I don't feel like dealing with hyper, sugary kids everyday if I let them eat all that they want. I'm going to send some to school with Roy so he can give it to his students. Maybe I'll just do that everyday until it's gone! Ugh. So much candy. I love love love candy. I love chocolate, I love sour candy, I love tootsie rolls. I am doomed.
What do you do with your kids' candy?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
So far, eating it, but next Sunday is a branch potluck and I figure I'll dump whatever is left there.
Other than a few favorites, James can just keep candy in the pantry and eat it little by little. Not me. It has to go away.
I feel the same way. My kids have already eaten too much, I have already eaten too much, and I want it gone NOW! They have so much left....(sigh)
Trunk-or-treat was early enough that we were able to come home and recycle Mason's candy to other trick-or-treaters. I was giving it out by the handfuls just to be sure we wouldn't get stuck with a ton. It probably won't happen like this every year, but worked out great this time. (We saved some good stuff for us of course). Good luck with the extra candy. I know I would have a hard time staying out of it.
Send it with Roy to give to his students. Put the brownie in brownie points.
I may put it in a big bag all together because they are driving me nuts following me around with their bags saying "Can I have candy? Can I have candy?" and then I am always tempted to say, "only if you give me a piece first!"
I bought these little cello-bags at the dollar store with Halloween pictures on them. The girls filled them up with their candy and we took them to the handicap ladies that Mark drives around on his bus. Luckily the girls liked the idea and now we only have 1 small bowl of candy left :) Next year probably won't go as smoothly though lol.
we went to a trunk r treat with some friends that made very small trick or treat bags and once it was full she started sneaking their candy into other kids bags. my way not to eat too much candy was to have my wisdom teeth out wed.
We're thinking of putting it away until Christmas where it will magically reappear in their stockings. It will also be their bribes/rewards for the rest of the year.
i've started throwing it away, honestly. i know everyone is in the same boat so I can't really give it away, and i don't feel wasteful because if i kept it around i'd just eat it all. eat your favorite stuff of course though! ;)
Post a Comment