Thursday, November 06, 2008

One of those days...

It's cold and windy today. Last week we had some beautiful weather. On Halloween I wore short sleeves all day! But it rained all night last night. It's sunny and dry now but so windy.

Rae peed in her bed TWICE last night (I was sleeping with her at the beginning of the night, so I got peed on too!) and I hadn't finished washing her linens from the night before, so I'm doing a lot of laundry today! Plus, I discovered a plastic bag in the van that had our swimsuits in it from our trip to St.Louis a month ago! Gross!

So it's a lazy, gotta get laundry done, kind of day. I picked Rae up from preschool and we hit McDonalds for lunch (I saw a commercial advertising chicken nuggets back on the dollar menu and I just couldn't resist!! Besides, I needed my 42oz soda fix)

I'm still in my pajamas. I never brushed Rae's hair today. The house is clean though, and life is good. I let the kids jump in puddles this morning. Things like that make me feel like a good mom. They had so much fun. It added to my laundry pile but it was worth it.

I'm having "Office" withdraws and I'm so glad it is back on tonight. I wanted to watch "Get Smart" this week to get my Steve Carell fix! Has anybody seen it? Any good? Seriously, I feel like I owe my life to Chad and Katie, who got me hooked on The Office. You guys are the best.

I really want to write a couple of posts about the kids and the things they are doing lately. But I always write random stuff like this instead. I vow not to post anything else until I do a post about each kid. Seriously, they are growing up so much and are so great, there's so much I need to document. Do you ever feel like you can't post more than once in a day? I'm always worried that people won't scroll down and see everything!

Anyway, I think that's enough randomness. Time to see if Blaise will take a nap so Rae and I can have some one on one time. She's watching an old Superman and Popeye movie right now. Man, the old cartoons were way better than the crap today. Ugh, don't even get me started. I am so sick of the same 3 or 4 episodes of Curious George, Syd the Science Kid, Super Why and Barney. Seriously, why did we even get cable? I could have recorded those episodes and just shown them over and over again! And I know they are supposed to be "educational" and all, but the old stuff was way better! Roy burned a couple of DVDs with "Disney Silly Symphonies" that he found online and the kids love them! And we like to watch the "Boomerang" channel and watch the old shows on there. Okay, I'm done with my rant. :)

6 comments:

Katie said...

We just watched Get Smart, and it was definitely worth watching. I laughed out loud more than a few times. Not brilliant, but enjoyable.

mom and grandma of BOLTON BUNCH said...

Is it just a "prego" thing or do you normally drink a whole 42oz soda? That sounds like soooooooo much to me (if I consume 1/2 can of soda a month, that's alot!) What is your favorite soda? I only really like lemon-lime and root beer and even then, no particular brand, generics are ok by me.
You know I've have watched The Office off and on but never found it too addicting, I can watch it and even enjoy it, but I can also do without. Maybe because it comes on at 9:00 and that's when I usually fall asleep.

Ashley said...

Pat, I usually get my soda with no ice (so it doesn't water down the soda) and I drink it over the course of a few hours. And I sometimes don't finish it (which is okay since it was 99 cents!) I also usually only drink soda when I have a headache and I get diet dr.pepper The caffiene tends to help my headache better than any medicine. Unless I drink it more than once a week, then I just get addicted and get headaches when I DON'T have it! I can't drink non-diet sodas, it's too much for me. I'm usually not picky about brands but Diet A&W is the only diet root beer I can stand. Sometimes Roy and I will splurge and buy a 12-pack of diet a&w if we have a movie night or something, other than that the only time I drink soda is from mcdonalds. Wow, this is a long comment!

Sara said...

no ice?! i get my 42-oz-ers w/ EXTRA ice :)
and i go to McD's for soda nearly every day, so don't feel bad about the ocassional one. Actually, I've been trying to cut back (on the McD's soda, that is) so I usually have a can (or two) at home instead.
I am a Diet Coke lover, but I didn't realize they had Diet Dr. Pepper too?! Maybe I'll get that from time to time to switch things up.
Don't you wish ONE of the McD's in town had a playland?!! We got happy meals for dinner tonight so I'm glad I'm not the only McD-loving mom :)
we need to hang out more ... if for nothing else than a soda fix -- haha!
we can drink our sodas while the kids play downstairs :)

Max and Ruby had fun w/ Rae and Blaise the other day!

Christie said...

Wait, so no playland at McD's and you still go there? That is the ONLY reason I ever go there...to let Elizabeth burn off energy. If I want food it's DQ or Sonic.

Ashley said...

My kids burn off energy at McDonalds even without a playland! The only time we actually go inside is on Tuesdays when we are getting cheap happy meals. Other than that it's just the drive-thru. And I don't often eat the food, just drink the soda and share a few fries with the kids. If I want food I go to Wendys. But my driver side window keeps getting stuck on its way up, so I might have to cut back on the drive-thrus. (don't want a rolled-down window in the middle of winter!