I feel a lot better today. My cold is almost gone and last night I slept a lot better. I folded up a quilt and put it on my side of the bed for some extra padding and it worked perfectly. I've been waking up with sore hips and the extra padding did just the trick. I felt fantastic this morning.
We leave for Blythe on the 16th, so I let the kids start our advent calendars today (we'll finish on the 15th because we leave early on the 16th) Rae hung the first oranment on the tree calendar and they both got chocolate advent calendars from Oma. After she finished her candy, Rae said "mommy, why didn't you get a candy?" I explained that Oma only sent two calendars, so there were only two pieces of candy. Rae said "yeah, you don't want to have your own calendar because you have a baby in your tummy and if you eat too much candy you'll get too fat and you'll break the house." Thanks Rae.
Speaking of the baby in my tummy...the past few days I've been feeling a lot less nauseas. I still gag really easily, but I haven't thrown up in a while and I don't feel queasy after every meal! Woo hoo! Sometimes I can almost forget I'm pregnant! I do think I might be a little low on iron though, because I'v been getting a lot of headaches. I better be more regular about taking my vitamins.
Thanksgiving is going to be very low-key at our house. Roy gets the week off (except for Monday) but he has a ton of stuff to do. We might go spend a day in Columbia or something, but other than that we'll just be hanging out, wishing we were somewhere warmer! My in-laws were going to come but now my FIL has to have surgery, so they aren't coming. Rae keeps going back and forth about whether she was a traditional turkey dinner or just pizza. I'm not going to ask her again until Wednesday! I'm fine doing either one. I'd prefer pizza, but if she really wants the whole turkey deal then that is fine too.
Anyway, hope everyone else has a nice Thanksgiving. I wish we could be with family but at least we'll be seeing some people at Christmas. There's just nothing like a full house with lots of talking and laughing! And someday I want to spend a Thanksgiving in Charlotte so I get to experience Sabina's famous turkey!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Don't forget if you are going to cook a whole turkey and you buy a frozen one it takes a few days for it to defrost :)
Ha, don't worry, I will not be doing a whole turkey. If we decide to do turkey it will be one of those "from freezer to oven in the same bag" type deal. I do not handle raw boned meat very well.
Wish you could be in Charlotte this year. Sabina already has the turkey de-boned and in the freezer.
I was going to say the same thing about defrosting the turkey. We're going to my ILs, but I still picked up a turkey for the freezer since they're so cheap.
I like to sleep w/ a thin pillow between my knees for the whole hip alignment deal. Pregnancy just has some of those fun things - huh? It was fun to see you guys at the library today.
Post a Comment