Thursday, January 22, 2009

Another lovely day

The weather is beautiful here today -mid 50's! A little windy, but not too bad. I picked Rae up from preschool and we went to the park for a picnic. It felt SO good to feel the sun on my skin again. We got good and dirty and got lots of energy out. Then we went and washed our van!!! Woo hoo! The snow, salt and melting snow makes for a very dirty car. I didn't have very many quarters with me so I wasn't able to do a very thorough job, but at least I got the top layer of grim off :) There were so many people at the car wash. I went to a different one first and there was a line out to the street. Today is the first day it's been warm enough to wash your car, and everyone's car looks horrible. Now my car looks really nice parked next to all the other filthy ones! :) Who knew I'd be so excited for a day warm enough to wash my car! I'm sure it will snow again soon and mess it all up, but at least I can enjoy it for now.

Rae had her first speech therapy session at Truman State today. She now has speech at the school district on Mondays and Fridays and at Truman on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Makes for a busy week! But she really enjoyed speech today and there are a lot of toys for Blaise to play with, so I think we'll be able to manage the 4 days a week.

Anyway, I wish I had some pictures to post along with this but I haven't taken many pictures since Christmas.

1 comment:

Amy Jenks said...

Yep...we were right there in the car wash line with ya. :)