
I guess this is what I typically look like and I think I'm okay with it. I'd like to have less blotchy skin, but I'm trying to work on that with proper care of my face before I resort to wearing makeup everyday. And my teeth have become ridiculously yellow in the past few years - anyone have advice for that? I cringe every time I see a close up of my teeth.
Anyway, I don't know what my point is :) The other day I saw someone from church at the store and she didn't have on her usual make up on and hair all done up (this person always looks amazingly perfect at church) and she looked so nice and natural and I thought she looked great! I guess I'd rather look natural on a daily basis and people get used to my imperfections and then when I actually get all dressed up and put on makeup everyone is shocked and thinks I look amazing :) And I wouldn't want the hubby to cringe when I wash off my makeup at night ;) (Not that he would - he hates makeup!) So that's my current strategy - what's yours?
10 comments:
I know what you mean. I think people are more used to how I look without makeup than with it (expect those who read my blog because I usually only post pictures with makeup)
I wear make-up usually once a week to church, but my skin does so much better without it (blemish-wise). It is a vicious cyle. Makeup to cover up the blemishes causes more. My skin looks so much better during the summer because of the moisture and going to the pool, which seems to get rid of my acne.
btw, Mom told me you don't want to know the gender of your baby but Roy does. Is he going to find out? Is that ultrasound coming up?
I thought you wore makeup more often than that. Maybe you wore it a lot during the family reunion because you knew you'd be in a lot of pictures :) That's why I wore it a lot in Vegas (and because I was eating a lot of chocolate and had so many zits!). I wear it every other week or so to church, but I have the same problem with it causing blemishes- even when I remember to wash it off.
I didn't want to know the gender of the baby, but Roy really wants to know and I wouldn't be able to stand not knowing if he knew. The ultrasound is Monday and I think I've decided to find out, but I still have a few days to decide. :)
I kind of have to agree with you on letting people get used to you without make up. I wear makeup everyday except when we are just staying home. And without fail whenever I don't where my makeup and go out and happen to see someone I know they will either ask me "Why are you tired?" or "Are you sick today?" Thus making me feel extremely self conscience about how I look naturally. Drives me crazy! Some days I just don't want to care about how I look and yet someone has to point it out. Don't get me wrong, its good to care a little about how you look but I think there are days when you can take a break! I am sure if I didn't where it as often as I did though people would have been used to it and wouldn't have paid that close of attention. Whoa, long post sorry!
My thing is I like a little bit of light make-up. But on a daily basis I can put make up on my whole face (blush, lipstick, eye shadow, mascara, foundation, and power) in 2 min MAX. But I could have terrible make-up lines and if I do I am sure no one would tell me... so please e-mail me if you have noticed it! Anyway, on special occasions I will wear eye-liner, then it takes about 4 min!
i can't wear foundation.. I have rosacea so i get really bad dry red splotches around my eyes and it looks even worse to have foundation on... the little make up i do is for date nights and church (which is at 830 right now so sometimes not even there) seth's family wears make up more than i am used to, so he used to expect it, but now he knows better... my day before i go out includes curly unruley hair and sometimes glasses that make my eyes look huge, so i'm pretty funky most days..
I remember going on a family camping trip when I was REALLY young. I got up before everyone and then my mom came out. I was so freaked out that I didn't recognize her w/o makeup! Thats when i knew I would never wear makeup...I want my kids to know what I look like. ;)
well i know it wasn't ME that you saw at the grocery store (ha!) but now of course i'm curious who it was ... hmmmmmmmmm :)
i wear mascara and eyeshadow, that's it. eyeshadow is mostly just for sundays though.
I wear makeup once a week at church and I don't care what people think when they see me without makeup. My skin is clear, but I just look OLD! Dark circles around the eyes, sun damaged skin...oh well...too much effort to put it on and wash it off everyday. So I don't.
I wear eyeliner and mascara every day (two minutes to apply, tops), and if I'm going out somewhere special, I use Bare Minerals makeup.
Ashley, you know me, and you know I went many, many years sans makeup, so it's kind of a big deal that I wear any at all now. Bare Minerals--which is pretty pricey, but mine has lasted me two years--is great. You never feel like the makeup is caked on, and there's zero learning curve on the application.
As for the teeth, yours were always nice, and I'm sure they still are. I've yet to find anything that's relatively inexpensive to fix mine.
I like to wear makeup, but only for dress-up occasions--holidays, dates, and church. I'm with you. I'd much rather have everyone know what I look like and save the makeup for special occasions. And you look great! Whatever on the blotchy skin and yellow teeth. We all magnify our own flaws.
Post a Comment