Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I need chocolate

It's one of those days. I hosted preschool today. It was pretty easy, pretty fun, but still tiring. Rae and Blaise have been fighting like crazy the past week. They just argue and bicker nonstop!! Ugh! And Blaise had a doctor appointment this morning which ended up taking an hour! The kids were incredibly good the first 40 minutes but totally lost it the last 20. We were waiting in the room forever after the nurse left and then they had a medical student check him first and then actual doctor came and did the whole exam again. Blaise was scared of both of them. And the appointment was at 8:30, which is really early for us! I got home just in time to clean up the house for preschool. Oh, and it's super cold today. Bleh. Just a bleh day. I'm trying to make up for it by at least having the house clean and the laundry done. There's nothing worse than having a bad day and then realizing you totally slacked off and just made it worse. And it'll all be okay because when Roy comes home tonight I'm leaving him to do dinner, bath and bed and I'm going shopping alone, and I'll get chocolate. :) How's your day going?

4 comments:

Katie said...

At ten o'clock this morning I realized I had forgotton to take my phone off vibrate and I had six missed calls. Bobby, Chad, and our listing agency all desperately trying to get ahold of me to tell me we had a showing at 11. I had not showered yet and the boys were in their pajamas. I scrambled and made it, thanks to Sabina who came over and grabbed Gabe. The rest of the day went better but because of it I wasn't able to get nearly as much done as I wanted to. When I went grocery shopping I grabbed a party size bag of peanut M&Ms and ate them the whole way to pick up Colin and the whole way to Bobby's house, where I had cake!

Sara said...

you're so right -- a "bleh" day only feels worse if the house is messy on top of it. laundry is my biggest household enemy.

i hope you got some chocolate!

lindsey said...

i hardly slept last night and then of course lily woke up an hour early. then i found out seth left his work phone at home and wants to figure out how to forward his calls. hmmm oh yes and i'm still unshowered and in my bath robe and the dishes didn't get done last night because i stayed at enrichment til 10 last night

Christie said...

Sounds like there was a lot of that going around yesterday! Still no news on the job front and by the end of the afternoon that was REALLY getting to me so we went in to Odessa to get odds and ends and ate dinner at Mr. Gatti's. Didn't help, though, because when we got home the house hadn't magically cleaned itself and I had pulled my back out in the Wal-Mart parking lot on the way in and then made it worse with everything I did the rest of the night. Oh, and Elizabeth threw up in the middle of the night. James took care of her mostly, but I ended up on Amelia's bed, which hurts my back.