We just got back from a glorious place. A place where almost all sibling fighting stops. A place where arguing with mommy almost completely ceases. A place where imaginations grow. What is this magical place? The park! It's sunny and 50 degrees today (with hardly any wind) and there's no snow on the ground, so we were able to go to the park for the first time in a couple of months (except for during vacation). It was so fantastic. I pushed the kids on the swings for about 10 minutes and it was blissfully quiet - the only sound to be heard was quiet voices singing a song about flying at the park. They like to make up songs but they usually argue about who gets to sing their version. But this time they both sang their own little version and ignored each other. It almost brought tears to my eyes. I was SO happy to be outside, in the sunshine, in short sleeves!
It's supposed to snow tonight (like, 100% chance -ugh) and tomorrow the high is supposed to be 26, so I'm glad we took advantage of the warm weather! Actually, I think we are going to head back out and ride bikes and color with chalk on the sidewalk. It's too nice to be inside! (the only reason we came home from the park was because mommy had to pee!!) Anyway, I just wanted to share how happy I am to have warm weather today. If you are lucky enough to live in a place where it's NOT snowing and is above 50 degrees I suggest that you take your kids outside! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i know, can you believe it? i just swept our driveway (not nearly as fun as the park). i love the warm weather, but i also love the snow, so i hope we wake up to some pretty white stuff tomorrow :)
I tried to talk Elizabeth into going outside with Daddy this morning so I could clean, but she just insisted she wanted to go for a ride, so they drove to Wickett to get gas.
It's about 57 here so we went to the Arboretum today. It was great to be in short sleeves and just feel the sun. It is great to be able to enjoy those few warm days during winter!
Post a Comment