Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Very good class, the answer was BOY :)

Yup, here comes Isaac Maxwell Wright. Rae was a little sad that it isn't a girl, but I think she'll be fine with it. I already went through all of the baby clothes and got rid of most of the girl stuff. (I just kept one box of all of my favorite outfits that Rae wore) One good thing about having a small apartment and moving often is that you are forced to go through your stuff often. Well, that's how it is for me at least - I could see some of my sisters just moving everything and having overflowing closets. :) But I can't stand the idea of moving a bunch of junk that we don't need. And I'm always trying to make more space in our closets and storage spaces, so every few months I go through all the boxes and see what I can get rid of. I did that this week and we have 3 boxes to take to the thrift store and box of junk to throw away! My house may not be clean but my closets are organized! :)

Anyway, I wanted to write more but I'm babysitting this afternoon and my house got neglected yesterday so I need to clean it up. I babysit every Wednesday and it's fantastic because I have to get my house super cleaned and vacuumed so that the baby doesn't find anything to put in his mouth. It's great to have your house clean mid-week - makes it a lot easier to clean at the end of the week too!

6 comments:

Christie said...

Yup! That's me, moving everything! I've got boxes and boxes and boxes of girls' stuff and a couple of boxes of boys' stuff.
This time I am trying to get rid of the random boxes of papers...but the other day James told me, yes, he did need first aid notes from 1995, so it's definitely an uphill battle!

Katie said...

lol. yes, I know. overflowing closets. And my very large closets just fight against my desire to become more organized.

lindsey said...

i think you'd be suprised to know that i actually went through my stuff this move and got rid of a ton of junk... my problem is paperwork... seth likes to keep paperwork for a long time... not from 1995 like james... considering that would was 12 then and i was 8 i don't think we had much to keep back then... now i just need to convince seth to throw away his pre-mission clothes that will never fit again.

Ashley said...

Lindsey, I'm always worried about getting rid of paperwork and then finding out that we need it later on. But when we moved here I finally got rid of all of our bills from our past 3 apartments and the hospital bills from Rae's delivery.

I just got rid of all of Roy's "fat pants" and I told him that if he gets that fat again he has to sell blood to earn money for new pants. :)

We just went through Roy's mission boxes and I tried to get him to get rid of some stuff but he wouldn't go for it. I'll try again in a few years. :)

Christie said...

Oh, the clothes that don't fit! That just reminded me of a HUGE box of James clothes I need to get rid of before we move. Some still have tags and everything. His mom would buy him clothes that didn't fit all the time.

Prof. Wright said...

I'll try again in a few years. :)

By then I'll have my Memorabilia Room.