This is what the kids did this morning while I cleaned. One of their favorite thing to do is trade clothes. I love Blaise's rosy cheeks and the added headband. He's so pretty!Since we changed Rae's speech with the school district to two days a week, Wednesdays are the only "no speech" day. We have no where to be on Wednesdays, so I have Roy take the van to work and I don't have to go anywhere! But I babysit at 11 every Wednesday, so it keeps our day a little structured. I do my vacuuming and mopping Wednesday morning while the kids enjoy being in their pjs and not being rushed to get ready for the day. They pretty much leave me alone because they are so happy to have a morning that is calm. Then I shower and get dressed for the day. I love it because I get to wear sweats and a t-shirt and extra comfy socks all day and no one will see me! (Except for my friend that I babysit for - but that's fine) Then we get to babysit from 11-12:30 and the kids get other kids to play with. Today I told the kids that we could go play in the snow after our friends left. It is sunny and fairly warm today, so the snow is melting fast and I knew this might be our last chance to play in it until the next snowfall.
Near our house is a church and they had plowed all of the snow from their parking lot into a huge pile. Actually, there was an old, hard pile from the last snow, and a new soft layer from this snowfall. So we walked over there and climb the "hill" and I realized it'd make a pretty good slide. The kids loved it! We did that until they were too cold. Rae says it was almost like sledding, but I think she still wants to do the real thing!
Now we are back inside, warmed up, and Blaise is down for a nap. I'm seriously giddy about the fact that we don't have to go out at 5 tonight to pick Roy up from work. I don't mind too much, but it's nice to have a day where I don't have to do it. And I'm so happy that Wednesdays are the day that I have "off" because it gives me a break right in middle of the week and makes the rest of the week easier. It's so nice to not have access to a car (for one day), so you aren't thinking about errands you need to run and you have time for little projects around the house.
Anyway, that's why I love my Wednesdays. :) Now I better go pay attention to that other kid of mine that isn't napping!


5 comments:
Sounds like a fab day. I love Wednesday's because it's my day off from going to the gym! :)
Sounds nice. Pre-school is a pain in the butt sometimes to drop Lettie off at, because by the time I get the babies dressed, out the door, then get home I feel like I am turning around and picking her up again... sigh. So yes, I like my Tuesdays and Thursday for the same reason.
Maybe we should switch our babysitting days so you can have the ENTIRE day off! =)
Gabriel has been such a homebody (sp?) lately. I really have to work to get him out of the house. He much rather play inside with his PJ's all day long. But- yes one day of week of just lounging around the house is nice.
Ashley, I feel like you are such an awesome mom! Seriously, I feel like you always have loads of fun activities going on and are always getting lots of things done to--you're a true super-mom. I have always admired you for that and read your posts in awe.
Post a Comment