Friday, October 17, 2008
Breakfast
What do you serve your kids for breakfast? We tend to rotate through eggs, pancakes/waffles, cold cereal, cold oatmeal and occasionally muffins. I'm planning to make some tasty pull apart cake in the next few days, but that is more like dessert! Any ideas of some creative things for breakfast? My kids used to be big yogurt fans, but not so much anymore. Should I just let them have eggs as often as they want? They'd eat them 5 times a week if I let them! Occasionally I'll change it up a bit and do egg burritos or egg sandwiches. I'm always worried about giving them too much sugar in the morning. I'm just kind of in a breakfast rut - so I'm asking for your thoughts - what do you serve?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Ewww! I'm the WORST at breakfast. Like REALLY bad. We end up having eggs & cereal. My kids don't like eating in the morning so I FORCE them- sometimes just toast & jam if they are really beasts! Sorry I'm NO help!
bisquits and gravy... but thats not exactly healthy... then there is french toast. after that i am out of ideas.
French toast is what I thought of. I put cinnamon/sugar and vanilla in it and it's good with just butter, maybe a little sprinkle of powdered sugar. And of course there's spaghetti eggs and fried rice.
Cinnamon (sp?)sugar toast is good with a glass of milk. I do that sometimes. Or just random leftovers. Fruit is good, maybe smeared with some PB for protein?
Whole wheat bagels, sometimes with flavored cream cheese. Also, Colin really likes to eat an "egg in a hole" - a hole cut out of bread, put it in the pan, crack the egg into the hole and cook easy over. I like that option because when I use whole grain bread he gets fiber and protein at once. I say let them eat eggs every day if they want (and if you don't get tired of making them). Fruit salad is another idea.
Don't forget the spaghetti eggs. I'm an eggs 5 times a week person.
I haven't done french toast in about a year because Rae hasn't really ever liked it. Maybe I should try again. I don't do biscuits and gravy, because I can't get the gravy right. And now I don't do it because it doesn't even compare to the stuff you can get in restauants here.
The kids don't like spaghetti eggs. I make them every once in a while and they just don't like them. And I don't like fried rice.
Chad (or maybe Katie?) I don't do bagels because we always got yummy fresh baked ones from WinCo and now there's no where to get fresh ones for cheap. After working in a bagel shop and after WinCo bagels, the packaged ones just aren't the same. But the kids do like them, maybe I should get them more often.
Rae loves "egg in a hole", but sometimes I worry about the whole "undercooked" egg thingy. I guess it's fine every couple of weeks though, right?
I just bought a bunch of frozen fruit at the store so I can make smoothies or tasty toppings for pancakes. Should spice things up a bit.
Thanks for the comments!
Yeah, that was me, along with the humidity comment a couple of posts ago.
I'm an idiot.
eggs in a hole? we call those birdnests and the kids love them---we do a lot of pancakes or pigs in a blanket----fried egg sandwiches and homemade egg mcmuffins. french toast---take the biggest slab of toast you can find (french or italian is best) and soak it in the egg---leave it a LONG time---then fry it in a semi-hot pan---
german pancakes are also easy---put them in the oven and they puff up really pretty
Post a Comment