Anyway, they keep me on my toes and I realize I need to be doing more interacting with them and that my job as a mom is not just about cleaning, cooking, changing and being a referee! I've been a slacker in the craft, game and imagination department! Actually, just writing this post made me realize how much their minds are developing right now and how much I need to help them along! My sister wrote this great post a while back called "Motherhood" It helps me remember that I can answer all of their questions with a yes,no,I don't know or a simple answer (which sometimes you have to do when you are busy) but most of the time I should be really helping them either discover the answer on their own or giving them my full attention and actually answering their question. Hmmm, maybe I better get off the computer and hang out with my kids! :)
Oh, and I'm declaring tomorrow to be NO COMPUTER DAY, so I won't be around and I'm sure everyone will miss me dearly. I'm finding myself a bit too addicted lately, so it's time to turn it off and take a break! :)
Here are a couple of random pics of the kids:
I picked this tent up at Target for about 6 bucks way back in Septand saved it for a cold winter day. It's a pain to set up, but the kids love it!
Blaise's favorite activity: making items into a hat!
5 comments:
I found Blaise's hat (bowl) under the media center. I never use it, so I might mail it to Blaise!
Cute tent and cute kids!
This post is just what I needed today! I've totally been slacking in the "learning" aspect of being a mom. It's nice to get a reminder to step it up every once in a while :)
How fun! Watching how my kids learm is one of the best parts of motherhood for me. You and Roy are doing such a great job with their learning already Ashley, and I am sure it will only become more and more impressive as you start homeschool and all that fun/challenging stuff.
Fun tent.
and thanks for the mention.
I LOVE 'Teach your kids to read in a 100 easy lessons' It's how I've taught three of my kids to read and they are amazing spellers too. At our house a "punishment" for doing something wrong is no reading for a day. Teachers everywhere cringe when I admit that!! :0)
Kids love even a moment with you so take as many as you can! Having a nine year old makes me realize even more how fast the time goes. We are already half done with her "child" years. She will be an "adult" before we know it.
That tent is awesome! Can you image what fun it would be to pretend you were being eating by that shark while slowing zipping his mouth together and screaming your head off? Wow! Wish I was at your house...
And I totally feel you on the motherhood deal--I always feel like I am not spending enough time with my kids...but I work at it each day and I guess that is part of the fun--trying to think what we will come up with next!
Post a Comment