Monday, January 12, 2009

Our visit to Las Vegas - Part Two: Christmas Day and beyond

Christmas Day Dale's sister Sharon and her son Derrick came over for dinner. Also a couple Mariah and Rob - Roy's sister used to babysit Mariah long long ago. We had a turkey and ham dinner and then birthday cake for all of the December birthdays. Then we opened some more presents!

Lighting the candles for Blaise, Brianni, Ashley, Roy and Derrick


Happy Birthday to us!









Even though I love chocolate cake I chose to have tasty cheesecake instead :)


The whole gang at Olive Garden to celebrate Brianni's birthday.

Rae took this picture - it's pretty typical of what we do in Vegas :)

All of the cousins: Kassandra, Brianni, Catrina, Rae and Blaise
Funny, they are posed in order of age but not purposefully.




We left on New Years Eve and had a great flight home. Blaise fell asleep before takeoff. We decided to get a hotel in Kansas City so we wouldn't have to drive home in the dark (and I thought it would be snowy, but there was absolutely no snow) and so we could do a stop at Target to spend some Christmas gift cards! We didn't do anything special New Years Eve, we were all asleep by 10! The next day we did some shopping and got home around 2 in the afternoon. Anyway, there you have it - our Christmas 2008 Vacation :)

1 comment:

KPackard said...

That cake looks so good! And I love the picture of Roy asleep on you--so sweet!