Sunday, January 18, 2009

Productive, fun trip



Yesterday we headed to Columbia to get some items unavailable in Kirksville. The kids were great during the 75 minute drive - entertained most of the time by videos (investing in a portable dvd player was one of our best decisions ever!) and Roy and I enjoyed some good conversation. We always pass by a Bass Pro shop on the way into town and I thought it'd be fun to stop in and see what it's like (since they are so huge and they are everywhere around here and usually have their own freeway exit).
I figured the kids would at least enjoy looking at the boats. They did enjoy looking at the boats, and fish, and everything else! We spent a good 20 minutes walking around looking at stuff. Then we headed to Petco to get some stuff for the stinky guinea pig (I am so ready to get rid of her - but that's another post) and then we went to the mall. Roy and the kids ate lunch, rode the carousel, played on the playground and walked around while I went to Target and got some maternity clothes. It was a successful Target trip. I got two pair of pants and two shirts. I still need some actual jeans though, Target maternity jeans are not made for plus sized women. I happened to walk past the shoe aisle and saw that they had a ton of shoes 75% off. Woo hoo! I got two pair of shoes for Blaise when he gets a little bigger for 4 bucks each, and a pair of slippers for Rae for $1.50 (she's been really wanting some slippers!) I love it when I can get their shoes ahead of time and get a good deal on them. Rae's shoes broke on the way to Blythe and we had to buy some full price ones at Kmart and I couldn't believe how expensive they were! I hardly ever have to buy shoes full priced!

Anyway, the kids had fun at the mall, we got everything we needed and we got home by 5 last night. Oh, and we have this little store in town that we kept wanting to go to, but it's only open Thurs-Sat from 12-5, so we never get a chance to go. But we stopped by when we got into town last night. They sell all kinds of random knick-knacks and toys and a ton of lighters. Everything is less than $5. Roy wanted to get this fish for my dad - what do you think dad? He said it really suits you :)

5 comments:

Gehmlich's said...

Sounds like a fun trip. Kid's shoes here are totally expensive. We bought Jakob a pair of shoes a few months ago and they were 25 Euros!! That was the cheapest pair we could find!! I can't bring myself to buy another. He'll just go barefoot.

Bob, Dad and Grandpa said...

But Father's Day isn't for a long time.

Sara said...

yay for columbia and target!
i love day trips like that :)

Stacy said...

I'd say that fish is for an extremely dedicated fisherman. That's too funny.

James said...

You can't catch a patriotic fish!